CALCULATING YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT (1 day - English)
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM AVAILABLE
New sessions are open, book your seat!
Don’t miss the opportunity to get trained on this important topic.
About the course
This course will enable you to recognize all the impacts of carbon emissions, the importance of reporting them, understand the key concepts and improve your carbon footprint calculation approach.
- Duration: 1 day (2x half day). Sessions open in May, August & November
- Language: English
|24/05/2022||13.30-17.00 (UTC) +|
|23/08/2022||13.30-17.00 (UTC) +|
|21/11/2022||13.30-17.00 (UTC) +|
Your tutor, Mark Miller, is a recognize Subject Matter Expert with an extensive experience of management system development, implementation, auditing, verification, consultancy, training, certified as a Lead Verifier for GHG Assurance.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT CARBON EMISION AND LEARN ABOUT CARBON FOOTPRINT CALCULATION:
Carbon emissions result from both natural causes such as forest fires and human activities such as burning fossil fuels. The planet’s ecosystem developed a fine balance to neutralize naturally occurring gases, but human activity has increased emissions creating climate change. Emissions are released into the air and have the effect of trapping heat close to the surface of the earth resulting in rising temperatures. Effects of climate change include:
Join us in this course you will enable you to recognize all the impacts of carbon emissions, the importance of reporting them in a consistent manner, to grasp the terminology, key concepts and issues to the extent that you can begin to allocate the necessary resources to address and improve your carbon footprint calculation approach.
HOW DO CARBON EMISSIONS IMPACT MY COMPANY?
Climate change is impacting business and society today. Clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders are requiring increasingly professional and transparent quantification and management of carbon (Greenhouse Gas / GHG) emissions. With this interactive training course, you will:
- Understand what carbon / GHG emissions are, recognize their impact, identify the specific greenhouse gases and the internationally accepted standardized approaches to carbon accounting (such as ISO 14064-1 and the WBCSD/WRI Organizational GHG Protocol).
- Identify those aspects of your organization’s activities that contribute to carbon emissions, define boundaries, and understand the different emissions scopes and how to report them.
- Use standardized approaches, emissions factors, calculate scope 1 and scope 2 emissions within your site(s) and roll your carbon footprint up to the organizational level.
- Consider data management and quality issues, documentation, uncertainty and materiality, tracking emissions over time, opinion statements, reporting and the importance of third party verification.